Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fix Shit Up


Selling my Miyata Fixie, two tone powder coated
Built completely out of parts that last, Been riding this bike everyday for about a year now.
Front rim, Weinman Deep V
Rear rim, is an Alex
Sakae crankset
FSA drop handle bars
Dimensions Stem
Tektro Breaks
vintage Panasonic Seat (most comfortable seat you will ever sit on)
Odyssey PC pedals (Iceblue)
Rear break is currently set up
Front break is tied back, Never ran a front

bike has normal city wear and tear, but nothing that effects performance.
Cheapest way to get a lot of nice parts and buy a extremely light fixed gear,

300 Open to offers but looking for cash only.
Selling because i have purchased a new bike for going cross county this summer, This money benefits my cross country documentation, Support my Artwork.
I am the one owner of this bike pictures were shot in philadelphia bikes here locally in Baltimore county


First things first, way to take a nice picture.  People post the shittiest pictures and it's nice to see someone make the effort, but I guess he's a documentarian.  But you lose points because you always should take the picture cranks out.  Everyone has a story.  Why do people feel so persecuted for selling things?  Like you wouldn't possibly want to sell something of value, selling can only be an action of passive aggression, throwing something out by proxy and trying to scam at the same time.  And as a buyer you wouldn't possibly recognize the difference between garbage and quality, so I need to explain to you how I truly love this object and the inescapable circumstances that have forced me to sell it.  I'm moving, I need to make rent, I hurt my back, I grew 5 inches, I'm making a documentary about my cross country biking trip.
A Miyata fixie two tone powder coated.  Is it still a Miyata? A philosophical question.  No badges and I'd guess the cranks are the only original componant.  We recognize bikes by name and attach a level of value to that but once you paint it and take off all the componants alls you're left with is the tubeset, which is probably just some sturdy Japanese cro mo, same as a Univega or Panasonic which are such hiddeous names you've already wrinkled your nose.  So no, I think a bike going fixie is kindof like joining a monestary, you must leave all your wordly trappings behind you.
I'm trying to wrap my head around the break lever set up.  The front lever must be there for some reason, but if it's for hand position wouldn't you want them on both sides?  I always find fixies to be over priced.  They're not really, because all these guys always buy new wheelsets and that's why they price them so high, but wasn't the whole point that these bikes were cheap and repurposed? 

No comments:

Post a Comment