Thursday, June 27, 2013

Merz Custom

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bik/3892096929.html
1981 Merz Custom Bike - $1850 (Vancouver)



1981 bike Custom Made by Jim Merz. I had this built for me way back when I had knees. It is a fast touring bike, 23" Columbus tubing fully lugged frame with mostly Campy components, but Shimano custom built triple crank, Shimano shifter, Look pedals [carbon fibre] It is in beautiful condition. I put lots of miles on it but was fanatical about maintenance . I have ALL the original paperwork, including extra decals Jim provided with the bike should we ever repaint it. Does NOT need paint! I am offering this as a collectible or to ride. Handles magnificently. NEVER laid down, never took a fall on this bike. I am open to offers, my studies on the internet found these are rare, and prices vary as to condition. This is pristine. Possible trades for sporting goods, firearms, etc.


A really gorgeous early 80s custom.  Beautiful seat cluster, great color.  I'm sure this bike is amazing to ride.  Someone elses custom may be a tough sell, if you're holding $1800 for a used bike you're not that far off from getting your own modern custom.  It would be nice to see these old custom builds collected somewhere.  But if I won a gun in some kind of bizarre contest I'd absolutely love to trade him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment