Monday, June 17, 2013

St. Vitus pt. II

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bik/3871526928.html
58cm Vitus 979 alloy Frameset - $275 (Hampton Township)


 I have this bike in my basement that deserves to be brought back to life. I am now selling it as a frame/fork.

@@@@@Please @@@@@ Include a phone number since I am getting spam attacked )7:

campagnolo

Remember this guy?  The oddly lugged Vitus 979 tubing.  The complete bike in New Orleans was selling at $600, it looks like he's just selling the frame.  I cant imagine buying this bike to build up as an every day rider.  I'd certainly resent having to restore it right after you stripped it.  He throws campy in there for the search terms, but once you strip it it isn't campy anymore.  

This frame looks like it would be hell to keep shiny, too.  It just seems to develop a dull sheen, and any imperfection is really going to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment